These trends point not only to the problem of who will fund social security as the ratio of older and largely retired people to younger working people increases, but worse, the social security will be competing for the service labor of relatively fewer people. Other country will be competing for immigrants to fill labor pools. Robots will be a key technology to greatly increase the productivity of individual humans.
Despite the impression from popular press, US manufacturing remains strong, is the largest manufacturing sector in the world, and has had sustained productivity increases over the last fifty years at the rate even higher than that of the IT industry. Labor-intensive manufacturing would seem to be a high impact target for robotics, but it has not been due to the sort of successes robotic had early on, casting the die for a direction it would take, effectively restricting manufacturing robots to structured environments. Robotic high-value areas such as automobile manufacturing had a fifty year history in the US.
Today’s industrial robots follow the practices set out in the 1950s, though they are cheaper and more accurate. But they have not fully embraced the IT revolution and have very little in the way of flexible computation, perception, or real-time planning. This makes systems integration overhead of setting up robotic lines, turning factories into structured environments.
- PDA Application for the Robota Toy Robot
- Robot’s Languages Acquisition Using PocketPC
- Control Architecture of the Robota
- Robot Probo for Medical Therapy in Hospitals
- A Tele-Interface of Robot Probo
- The Robotics Revolution Constantly Changing
- Wii Remote Robot of Nintendo
- Mobile Robot Software CORBA Based Application
- Robot Programming Systems
- Context Requirement of Robot Infrastructures
- Current Robot Software Systems
- Tele-Robotic Application in Mining Industry
- Human-Robot Designed by Communicative Strategies
- Robot Automation Basics
- Benefits Small Assembly Robots in Packaging Operat...
- 10 Things to Look for When Choosing a Robot
- Various Robots from DENSO
- Web-Based Robotics with an Autonomous Mobile Robot...
- Autonomous Navigation System of Xavier Robot
- Small Assembly Robots for Packaging Process
- 4-Axis SCARA VS 6-Axis Articulated Robots
- Fanuc Robotic Helps to Increase Productivity
- Manufacturing Competitiveness through Robotics and...
- History SRI Robots of Small Vision Module and Cent...
- Real-Time Vision and Mapping Robots
- Wall Climbing Robots and Robotic in Education
- Telepresence Surgery and Medical Automation Robots...
- History of Robotics and Devices of Shakey and Flak...
- History of Robotics and Devices of Lurch and Errat...
- The Historical of Robotic Development
- Why We Need the Robots
- ▼ Jul (31)