The robotics study originates back to ancient Egypt where priest created masks that moved as a way to intimidate their worshippers. Robotics, as we know it today, originated a half century ago with the creation of a robot named “Unimate”. This robot was created by Joseph Engelberger and George Devol. Unimate was created with the intention of being used in industry at a General Motor plant, working with heated die casting machines.
Presently the development of humanoid robots has become a larger area of focus for the community of engineering. Humanoid robots are precisely what their name would lead you to expect, robots designed to act and look like humans. While their current use is primarily within the industry of entertainment, there are hopes that one day they will be able to be used in a broader environment.
Modern investigation into humanoid robot development have lead to the desire to create a robot that can not only walk from one destination to another but also be able to compensate for that by moving around them and discern objects in front of it. This was where the present object came into play. The purpose of this project was to design and build a humanoid robot that capable of walking smoothly.
Humanoid robots of the future will be capable of helping mankind by accomplishing tasks that may too dirty, dull, dangerous, or even physically impossible, such as exploring other planets. Though there is still room for improvement for the locomotion of these robots to become more similar to the human.
It created a humanoid robot with a pair of legs, a pair of arms, a head and a torso which was able to walk in a manner similar to the human. The motion of walking was controlled by a program written by developer. For the head it used a camera that would eventually give the robot a vision capability and complete al attributes required to be ‘humans’.
- Remote Object Control Interface of Robotic
- The Integrated Telerobotic Surgery System
- The Intelligent Controller Surgical Robotic
- Organ Dynamics Modeling
- Performing Robotic Surgical
- Navigation Framework based on Implementation
- Action Selection and Locomotion of Robotic
- Robot Programming Language Meld and LDP
- Navigation Architecture to Evaluate Terrain and Lo...
- Coupled Layer Architecture for Robotic Autonomy
- Deployment of Robotic Sensors
- Model and Definitions of Robotic Sensor
- Human Tactile Sensing of Robots
- Distributed Robotic Systems
- Using Coordination Costs to Adapt Communications
- Robotic Communication Approaches
- The Robots Anthropomorphic Design
- Robots with Omnidirectional Wheels
- R2 Humanoid Robot Designed by R2D2 Droid
- Navigation and Mission Planning for Military Robot...
- Three Sections of Robot Programming
- Current uses of Humanoid Robots
- Robot Platforms in Military
- Sensing and World Modeling of Military Robotic
- Communication Requirements in Military Robotic
- The Future of Humanoid Robot
- Software Architecture of Interaction Robot
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Developing of Human Robot Interaction
- Interactive Humanoid Robot “Robovie”
- Human Robotic Interface Design based on Human Deci...
- ▼ Nov (31)